From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ATI-Driver 9.6 support?
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 07:26:58
1 On Samstag 04 Juli 2009, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > On Sat, July 4, 2009 03:58, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Samstag 04 Juli 2009, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
6 > > I don't filter anything. Just default metalog with default settings.
7 >
8 > I use sysklogd, that shouldn't matter much though. The config is pretty
9 > standard, and certainly there's nothing related to fglrx in there. The
10 > logs on a normal day are, at most, a few kb's (without fglrx+.30).
11 >
12 > With that combo into scene, kern.log and syslog grow around 500mb each
13 > filling the whole var. I need to delete these two files and restart
14 > sysklogd to get some free space in /var (just in case someone around
15 > has a similar problem). A quick hack on the printk code in the kernel
16 > can be used though to solve all this spam. But the cpu usage doesn't
17 > get any better.
18 >
19 > I know not the reason why, but the truth is that xv wastes lots more
20 > of cpu to play video when I have fglrx+.30, with or without the logs,
21
22 not here - btw, try gl. The difference of the colours will be...
23 interessting.