From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] S.O.P.A and P.I.P.A and the blackout.
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:08:05
1 On Thursday 19 Jan 2012 22:44:12 Chris Walters wrote:
2 > On 1/19/2012 05:04 PM, Dale wrote:
3
4 > > I have a question now. I got a message from Paul Hartman and replied to
5 > > it, off list, and it was encrypted and I hope my reply was too. My
6 > > question is this. How do you make a email that only the sender and
7 > > receiver can read? As a example. I'm talking to a Doctor or a lawyer
8 > > and I don't want anyone but that person to see the email. How do I do
9 > > that? Can that be done.
10 >
11 > Yes, see below. It looks like you are using a web interface (Firefox) to
12 > send and reply to messages. I would suggest emerging Thunderbird
13 > (emerge -av thunderbird). There is an add on called Enigmail for this mail
14 > client that makes encrypting, signing and decrypting messages, much easier.
15 > You need gnupg, as well.
16
17 There are plugins for FF that can use S/MIME and I believe GnuPG/PGP to
18 encrypt gmail.
21 Regards,
22 Mick