From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Official document for stabilization policy/guideline
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 18:35:33
1 On Monday 01 March 2010 17:39:47 Lie Ryan wrote:
2 > I've found a few people referencing to a "30-day stabilization policy"
3 > which basically says a package must be at least 30-days-old to be
4 > considered for stabilization, but is there any document that serves as
5 > an official guideline/checklist on how to consider to stabilize a
6 > package? Is the 30-day policy the only policy?
7
8 30 days has always been the strong suggestion. Perhaps not always applied, but
9 always there as far as I recall.
13 > I've been running several ~arch-ed packages that appears to be compile
14 > and runs fine on my machine and would like to vote them for
15 > stabilization. Is it enough to just open a bug issue and pray that the
16 > arch manager would notice?
17
18 Yes, just open a new bug in b.g.o.
19
20 The bug wranglers will assign it to the appropriate team and you will get
21 email notifications when something happens. This lets you check in on the bug
22 every soon often to observe progress or perhaps bump if a long period of
23 inactivity has passed.
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com