From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: amarok fade down
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 16:54:20
1 On 02/04/2012 05:04 PM, Stephane Guedon wrote:
2 > Hi all
3 >
4 > For a long time, my amarok doesn't fade down anymore each time I use vlc as
5 > phonon backend. As xine is said to be deprecated, I should switch.
6 >
7 > Does anyone of you use vlc as a phonon-backend and succeed in amarok fade down
8 > ?
9 >
10 > If no, what else to do ?
11
12 The VLC backend is still quite buggy. Fades don't work and it's very
13 slow when seeking. Automatically playing the next song in the list is
14 also broken.
15
16 Try the GStreamer backend instead. It's also not as good as the Xine
17 backend, but still somewhat better than the VLC one. I'm astounded
18 though as to why KDE drops the best backend and keeps two broken ones.
19 Really stupid decisions going on lately in KDE camp.