From: Stephane Guedon <stephane@××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: amarok fade down
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 13:42:42
1 Le samedi 4 février 2012 17:52:17, Nikos Chantziaras a écrit :
2 > On 02/04/2012 05:04 PM, Stephane Guedon wrote:
3 > > Hi all
4 > >
5 > > For a long time, my amarok doesn't fade down anymore each time I use vlc
6 > > as phonon backend. As xine is said to be deprecated, I should switch.
7 > >
8 > > Does anyone of you use vlc as a phonon-backend and succeed in amarok fade
9 > > down ?
10 > >
11 > > If no, what else to do ?
12 >
13 > The VLC backend is still quite buggy. Fades don't work and it's very
14 > slow when seeking. Automatically playing the next song in the list is
15 > also broken.
16 >
17 > Try the GStreamer backend instead. It's also not as good as the Xine
18 > backend, but still somewhat better than the VLC one. I'm astounded
19 > though as to why KDE drops the best backend and keeps two broken ones.
20 > Really stupid decisions going on lately in KDE camp.
21
22 The bad thing is that it install many other piece of software !
23
24 Gstreamer is from gnome ! Why using it rather than xine which is from kde ?
25 Really strange decision !