From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Preventing a shared interrupt
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 21:31:57
1 On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>> > if your mobo does not supporting re-assigning interrupts: you can't.
3 >>>
4 >>> Would that be done in the BIOS? There is a list of interrupts in the
5 >>> BIOS and I can select either "Unassigned" or "Reserved" I think. What
6 >>> affect will reserving an interrupt have?
7 >>>
8 >>> - Grant
9 >>
10 >> I really don't know. Ask the support of your vendor ;)
11 >
12 > Fair enough. Can you tell me why a motherboard would assign 2 devices
13 > to the same IRQ when there are obviously many free ones? Is it just
14 > bad implementation?
15
16 Looks like you have MSI support, so probably your hardware isn't
17 ancient enough for interrupt sharing to be a problem in the first
18 place.