From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 4.9.0 + nvidia problem
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 19:35:51
1 On December 27, 2016 4:23:06 PM GMT+01:00, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >I successfully configured, compiled & installed Kernel 4.9.0 (testing)
3 >& compiled Nvidia 375.26 (testing) to match ;
4 >there was a problem trying to use 4.9.0 with 361.28 (below).
5 >After reboot, X started, but with a primitive display (overlarge chars
6 >etc).
7 >I tried it with KDE 5 & with Fluxbox, but no difference :
8 >KDE couldn't start Plasma, but showed a few apps.
9 >There was a warning msg re Opengl, but nothing helpful.
10 >
11 >Previously & now again, everything is ok with Kernel 4.2.0-r1 + Nvidia
12 >361.28.
13 >
14 >There are many kernel versions available & many Nvidia versions ;
15 >there are also many USE flags & many kernel options.
16 >Before I try permutating them all (smile), has anyone else had trouble
17 >here ?
18
19 I actually use the latest 4.8.x with the currently most recent stable nvidia drivers and not seen anything weird.
20
21 Will test with a few 3D heavy stuff tomorrow to be certain.
24 Joost
25 --
26 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.