From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] kernel 4.9.0 + nvidia problem
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 15:23:18
1 I successfully configured, compiled & installed Kernel 4.9.0 (testing)
2 & compiled Nvidia 375.26 (testing) to match ;
3 there was a problem trying to use 4.9.0 with 361.28 (below).
4 After reboot, X started, but with a primitive display (overlarge chars etc).
5 I tried it with KDE 5 & with Fluxbox, but no difference :
6 KDE couldn't start Plasma, but showed a few apps.
7 There was a warning msg re Opengl, but nothing helpful.
8
9 Previously & now again, everything is ok with Kernel 4.2.0-r1 + Nvidia 361.28.
10
11 There are many kernel versions available & many Nvidia versions ;
12 there are also many USE flags & many kernel options.
13 Before I try permutating them all (smile), has anyone else had trouble here ?
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca