From: "Mariusz Pękala" <skoot@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Easy way to unmerge all of KDE?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:58:00
1 On 2005-12-23 00:12:41 -0600 (Fri, Dec), Dale wrote:
2 > Hi guys, and Holly,
3 >
4 > I have a rig that I need to free up some space on the hard drive. I
5 > want to remove KDE completely. Naturally doing a emerge unmerge kde
6 > does not get the job done. What is a easy way to do this? I did a
7 > emerge -ep world | grep kde but it is one heck of a list. It's 6 pages
8 > long in OOo.
9 >
10 > There has to be a easy way. Be gentle with me now. I'm learning. Oh,
11 > if it is a mile long, give me a map of what it is doing. Sort of
12 > explain it's thinking to me a bit. I do now what the pipe thing is
13 > though. That can be neat. Would be nice if unmerge kde would work
14 > though.
17 emerge -va unmerge $(grep kde /var/lib/portage/world)
18 emerge -va depclean
19
20 I hope that would do the trick.
21 -a will ask you before doing unmerge.
22
23 Alternate way:
24 cd /var/db/pkg/kde-base
25 for x in *; do emerge unmerge "=$x" ; done
26
27 HTH.
30 No virus found in this outgoing message.
31 Checked by 'grep -i virus $MESSAGE'
32 Trust me.