From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Easy way to unmerge all of KDE?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 06:16:43
1 Hi guys, and Holly,
2
3 I have a rig that I need to free up some space on the hard drive. I
4 want to remove KDE completely. Naturally doing a emerge unmerge kde
5 does not get the job done. What is a easy way to do this? I did a
6 emerge -ep world | grep kde but it is one heck of a list. It's 6 pages
7 long in OOo.
8
9 There has to be a easy way. Be gentle with me now. I'm learning. Oh,
10 if it is a mile long, give me a map of what it is doing. Sort of
11 explain it's thinking to me a bit. I do now what the pipe thing is
12 though. That can be neat. Would be nice if unmerge kde would work
13 though.
14
15 Thanks.
16
17 Dale
18 :-)
21 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
22
23 I have four rigs:
24
25 1: Home built; Abit NF7 ver 2.0 w/ AMD 2500+ CPU, 1GB of ram and right now two 80GB hard drives.
26 2: Home built; Iwill KK266-R w/ AMD 1GHz CPU, 256MBs of ram and a 4GB drive.
27 3: Home built; Gigabyte GA-71XE4 w/ 800MHz CPU, 128MBs of ram and a 2.5GB drive.
28 4: Compaq Proliant 6000 Server w/ Quad 200MHz CPUs, 128MBs of ram and a 4.3GB SCSI drive.
29
30 All run Gentoo Linux, all run folding. #1 is my desktop, 2, 3, and 4 are set up as servers.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list