From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Easy way to unmerge all of KDE?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:49:30
1 On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 00:12:41 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I have a rig that I need to free up some space on the hard drive. I
4 > want to remove KDE completely. Naturally doing a emerge unmerge kde
5 > does not get the job done. What is a easy way to do this?
6
7 If you installed the kde meta-package, then all other kde packages will
8 be installed as dependencies of that, so you can remove them with
9
10 emerge -C kde
11 emerge -a depclean
12
13 You can list all installed kde packages with
14
15 qpkg -g kde-base
16 or
17 equery list | grep kde-base
18
19 but removing them all is a bad idea, some of them, like kdelibs, may
20 also be dependencies pf packages that are not part of kde-base.
21
22 You could also add -kde to USE and do emerge -uavDN world, to make sure
23 any packages compiled with optional KDE support (and dependencies) have
24 it removed.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 Mac screen message: "Like, dude, something went wrong."