From: Daniel Faulknor <daniel@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Agetty
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 05:27:41
1 oh blast - i was mounting it with user and now ive reformatted!
2 never mind and thanks
5 On 10/25/05, Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz> wrote:
6 >
7 > On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:59, Daniel Faulknor wrote:
8 > > On 10/24/05, Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz> wrote:
9 > > > On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:27, Daniel Faulknor wrote:
10 > > > > Hi everyone
11 > > > > After my kernel loads i get the message
12 > > > > INIT: cannot execute "/sbin/agetty"
13 > > > > INIT: Id "c2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
14 > > > > INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel
15 > > > >
16 > > > > Then the computer just stops - HELP!
17 > > > >
18 > > > > Thanks
19 > > > > Daniel Faulknor
20 > > > > --
21 > >
22 > > I emerged it but it didnt help - i just restarted the computer and it
23 > didnt
24 > > work - i hadnt done anything to it. It used to work
27 > A post on the gentoo forums mentions that having the user option on your
28 > /boot
29 > and / partitions may break the boot cycle. could you try removing that if
30 > its
31 > there? Otherwise mabee post /etc/fstab here? The link to the forums is
32 >
33 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-204427-highlight-agetty.html
34 > --
35 >
36 > "I've coined new words, like misunderstanding and Hispanically."
37 >
38 > George W. Bush
39 > March 29, 2001
40 > From speech given at the Radio and Television Correspondents Association
41 > dinner in Washington, D.C.
42 >
43 > --
44 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list