From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Agetty
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 04:32:24
1 On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:59, Daniel Faulknor wrote:
2 > On 10/24/05, Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz> wrote:
3 > > On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:27, Daniel Faulknor wrote:
4 > > > Hi everyone
5 > > > After my kernel loads i get the message
6 > > > INIT: cannot execute "/sbin/agetty"
7 > > > INIT: Id "c2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
8 > > > INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel
9 > > >
10 > > > Then the computer just stops - HELP!
11 > > >
12 > > > Thanks
13 > > > Daniel Faulknor
14 > > > --
15 >
16 > I emerged it but it didnt help - i just restarted the computer and it didnt
17 > work - i hadnt done anything to it. It used to work
20 A post on the gentoo forums mentions that having the user option on your /boot
21 and / partitions may break the boot cycle. could you try removing that if its
22 there? Otherwise mabee post /etc/fstab here? The link to the forums is
23
24 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-204427-highlight-agetty.html
27 "I've coined new words, like misunderstanding and Hispanically."
28
29 George W. Bush
30 March 29, 2001
31 >From speech given at the Radio and Television Correspondents Association
32 dinner in Washington, D.C.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list