From: Damo Brisbane <dhatchett2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] distributed emerge
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 06:21:12
1 Thanks, digesting it!
2
3 On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 12:59 AM, Andrés Becerra Sandoval <
4 andres.becerra@×××××.com> wrote:
8 > 2017-09-25 6:35 GMT-05:00 Damo Brisbane <dhatchett2@×××××.com>:
9 >
10 >> hi,
11 >>
12 >> Can someone point where I might go for parallel @world build, it is
13 >> really for my own curiositynat this time. Currently I stage binaries for
14 >> multiple machines on a single nfs share, but the assumption is to use
15 >> instead some distributed filesystem. So I think I just need a recipie,
16 >> pointers or ideas on how to distribute emerge on an @world set? I am
17 >> thinking granular first, ie per package rather than eg distributed gcc
18 >> within a single package.
19 >>
20 >> thank you
24 > ​Hello,
25 >
26 > I think distcc might be what you look for the merging part:
27 > ​https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Distcc
28 >
29 > --
30 > Andrés Becerra Sandoval