From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 22:08:41
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
4 > On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 12:20 PM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
5 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
6 > <SNIP>
7 > > root@truenas[~]# iperf -s
8 > > ------------------------------------------------------------
9 > > Server listening on TCP port 5001
10 > > TCP window size: 64.0 KByte (default)
11 > > ------------------------------------------------------------
14 > > And nothing.  Several minutes later, still nothing.  And it
15 > continues to sit there.  I don't think it is working.  :/
16 > >
17 > > Still, odds are, whatever it is, I'm not likely going to be able to
18 > change it.  That poor old CPU just may not have the needed instruction
19 > set to be really fast for this.  Maybe a different encryption would be
20 > better.  I dunno.  It's temporary anyway.
21 > >
22 > > And still nothing.  It's been sitting there since I read the last
23 > message.  Still, nothing.
24 > >
25 > Sadly, you didn't read all of my instructions or apparently read the
26 > man page or help file
27 >
28 > All you've done is start the server which listens for a connection.
29 >
30 > Now go to your Gentoo Land machine that you want to backup and execute
31 >
32 > iperf -c IP.ADDR.OF.SERVER
33 >
34 > Wait 10 seconds and hit ctrl-C
37 Oh, I read that but didn't get that one worked with the other.  Ooops.
38 Thing is, I don't have the second command on my Gentoo install.  :/  It
39 sort of grumbles about that.  May look into that later.  Got other
40 things in the air right now.
41
42 Dale
43