From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 19:25:23
1 On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 12:20 PM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > root@truenas[~]# iperf -s
4 > ------------------------------------------------------------
5 > Server listening on TCP port 5001
6 > TCP window size: 64.0 KByte (default)
7 > ------------------------------------------------------------
10 > And nothing. Several minutes later, still nothing. And it continues to
11 sit there. I don't think it is working. :/
12 >
13 > Still, odds are, whatever it is, I'm not likely going to be able to
14 change it. That poor old CPU just may not have the needed instruction set
15 to be really fast for this. Maybe a different encryption would be better.
16 I dunno. It's temporary anyway.
17 >
18 > And still nothing. It's been sitting there since I read the last
19 message. Still, nothing.
20 >
21 Sadly, you didn't read all of my instructions or apparently read the man
22 page or help file
23
24 All you've done is start the server which listens for a connection.
25
26 Now go to your Gentoo Land machine that you want to backup and execute
27
28 iperf -c IP.ADDR.OF.SERVER
29
30 Wait 10 seconds and hit ctrl-C