From: Heinz Sporn <heinz.sporn@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Domain Name not getting set properly...
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:47:09
1 Am Montag, den 19.12.2005, 03:33 -0800 schrieb Jessica Rasku:
2 > I am having some problems with setting up my domain name on my new
3 > gentoo box. I believe I have everything setup according to the
4 > handbook, but for some reason hostname -d does not return a domain name
5 > and just complains that it is not know. I have this working correctly
6 > on my older box, but I seem to recall that this was an issue on that box
7 > as well. I have domainname and hostname in my default and boot
8 > runlevels. This doesn't seem right, but it doesn't seem to be hurting
9 > anything. I have setup /etc/conf.d/domainname. I'm not sure what I'm
10 > missing.
11
12 If you're not running local DNS /etc/hosts might be the crucial file.
13 What did you put in there?
17 > Jessica
18 --
19 Mit freundlichen Grüßen