From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Wireless trouble: unknown symbols
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 16:27:01
1 > I'm trying to set up a wireless card in my new system. I'm using a
2 > card of the same model that is working in an older system of mine.
3 > The only significant difference between them is the new system is
4 > amd64 and the old one is x86. When I try to 'modprobe ath_pci', I get
5 > about 60 "Unknown symbol" errors like:
6 >
7 > wlan: Unknown symbol wireless_send_event
8 > ath_rate_sample: Unknown symbol ether_sprintf
9 > ath_pci: Unknown symbol ieee80211_encap
10 >
11 > Does this make sense to anyone or should I file a bug?
12 >
13 > - Grant
14
15 I'm very happy to report that this was fixed by removing module
16 versioning support from the kernel.
17
18 - Grant
19 --