From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Anyone tried a solid state drive?
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 02:08:25
1 On Donnerstag 27 November 2008, Grant wrote:
2 > I'm considering buying a solid-state drive to improve I/O performance
3 > and even reduce noise. Has anyone tried this? I was considering
4 > getting the lowest capacity I can find and putting most of the system
5 > on it. There is a roundup on tomshardware.com and it sounds like some
6 > are very much better than others. SLC sounds vastly superior compared
7 > to MLC, but also much more expensive.
8 >
9 > - Grant
10
11 http://valhenson.livejournal.com/25228.html
12
13 I would rethink that after reading that post.