From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcamera ... view: YES record: NO ?
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 09:59:06
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> [14-06-07 17:52]:
2 > <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
5 > > the Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam is able to deliver 1920xq080x30fps
6 > > (H.264).
7 >
8 > Some interesting notes and comments at the bottom of this page:
9 >
10 > http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/
13 > Also, in the past, I have found the best comments on various camera
14 > hardware in the relevant kernel driver. Sometimes that is a unique
15 > driver, other times it is a unified kernel driver for a similar group
16 > of video cameras. Sometimes you can go way back to where the kernel
17 > driver for a given video camera first appeared (got supported) in the linux
18 > kernel for detailed information on the limitations of a given piece
19 > of hardware. Often, the poorer performance on Linux, was intentionally
20 > due to the actions of the manufacturer, particular on max frame rate,
21 > bit minipulations and other key parameter settings of the cameras. Once
22 > folks learned the protocols (decoded them) on windows, they would make
23 > those adjustments with windows software and reverse engineer the
24 > driver software so as to be able to support various linux drivers.
25 >
26 > Logitech is very reasonable (at least compared to other vendors) but even
27 > there newer hardware rarely works with the best of a given feature set,
28 > until the product has been out for a while. If not, Logitech should
29 > have a published interface specification so and to make reverse engineering
30 > not necessary?
31 >
32 > Dunno know the specifics on the model your listing, as I've been out
33 > of that 'game' for a while now, but all those tigers still have the same
34 > stripes....
35 >
36 > Good hunting!
37 > hth,
38 > James
44 Hi,
45
46 I've git "somethiong" working for me:
47 With vlc "Capture device" and a lot of setting I am able
48 to wath and record if wanted the stream of the c920.
49 BUT
50 There is big delay between audio and video (audio delayed)
51 and a smaller delay between reality and strem (which doesn't
52 matter in my case).
53
54 How can I fix the delay between video and audio?
55
56 Best regards,
57 mcc