From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] many packages are available in gentoo?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:24:38
1 The focus isnt on the number of packages per se, but on the size of the
2 install media that a modern distro requires. Gentoo (as long as it has
3 the "coverage") has a natural advantage here in that you only install
4 what you want to install from the repositories, or from a single,
5 relatively small CD as far as the basics go. I believe debian can do
6 the same, but not as easy as gentoo, but again the discussion was on the
7 number of CD's that had to be obtained (either by purchase or download)
8 for a usable install.
9
10 BillK