From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] segfaults with php and cacti
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 12:55:18
1 On 4 Jul 2008, at 20:38, Matt Harrison wrote:
2 > ... I want to add the cacti application to the same server but on a
3 > separate
4 > vhost.
5 >
6 > The problem is, trying to access the cacti interface through a browser
7 > causes a segfault with php. I've also tried running the index.php from
8 > the CLI and it still segfaults.
9
10 I don't know anything about cacti but IIRC PHP4 & PHP5 are a bit
11 different (in terms of Apache modules & stuff). Is it possible you're
12 running the wrong one? Maybe this release of cacti is only stable on
13 the one version?
14
15 When posting try to give us as much information as possible. You need
16 to give versions of stuff, confirm that you've run revdep-rebuild on
17 your system and also tell us that you've checked the system logs.
18 Since you don't mention debug or logging options for cacti I'll
19 assume it doesn't have any, but you really need to state that, to
20 prove to us that you've checked and to save us suggesting looking at
21 them.
22
23 Stroller.
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list