From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [SOLVED] Re: [gentoo-user] segfaults with php and cacti
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 13:17:54
1 Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 4 Jul 2008, at 20:38, Matt Harrison wrote:
4 >> ... I want to add the cacti application to the same server but on a
5 >> separate
6 >> vhost.
7 >>
8 >> The problem is, trying to access the cacti interface through a browser
9 >> causes a segfault with php. I've also tried running the index.php from
10 >> the CLI and it still segfaults.
11 >
12 > I don't know anything about cacti but IIRC PHP4 & PHP5 are a bit
13 > different (in terms of Apache modules & stuff). Is it possible you're
14 > running the wrong one? Maybe this release of cacti is only stable on the
15 > one version?
16 >
17 > When posting try to give us as much information as possible. You need to
18 > give versions of stuff, confirm that you've run revdep-rebuild on your
19 > system and also tell us that you've checked the system logs. Since you
20 > don't mention debug or logging options for cacti I'll assume it doesn't
21 > have any, but you really need to state that, to prove to us that you've
22 > checked and to save us suggesting looking at them.
23 >
24 > Stroller.
25
26 Ack, I had forgotten to import the db schema before accessing the web
27 interface. I just wish the cacti people had found a way to make this
28 more obvious. I will send them a message and maybe they can make this a
29 little clearer in the future.
30
31 Thanks for the replies everyone.
32