From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's wrong with rsync 3.0.6?
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:27:03
1 Stroller writes:
2
3 > I'm going to assume that you're not being facetious, however I'm
4 > amazed you don't know `screen`. Everyone should know `screen`! It's
5 > amazing, and I can't believe that if you had tried it then you
6 > wouldn't have it installed. I sure you'll wonder how you lived without
7 > it.
8
9 Yes screen is quite essential. But I also too quite a while until I
10 started using it. I think it's because you have to learn a bit about it
11 first. I was confused by the -dDrR options, and by the many key bindings.
12 Didn't know then that you only need a few to work with it, and I still do
13 not use most of them. Now I use screen a lot, sometimes I use screen
14 inside a screen session.
15
16 [screen summary]
17
18 Now that's a nice summary! If I weren't already using it, I'd give it a
19 try now.
20
21 I want to add one thing: I suggest changing the defscrollback value in
22 /etc/screenrc from 100 to something much larger, I have 100000. If not,
23 you can only scroll back 100 lines, which is not that much.
24
25 Wonko