From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS problem
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 05:32:37
1 Dale wrote:
2 > On my system hpijs was a blocker if I recall correctly. I read
3 > somewhere that hpijs was no longer being maintained and that hplip was
4 > the "new thing" to use. Not sure why tho.
5 >
6 > Also may be worth noting that hplip used to be a service that was
7 > started as well. /etc/init.d/hplip start used to work. The latest
8 > update got rid of the service and I guess it just runs when it is needed.
9
10 I should clarify my question a bit more. I don't have the hpijs package
11 installed. I do have hplip. Yet when I try to select the driver for my
12 printer, hpijs is the only option of the two. I know that hplip
13 includes hpijs, but I was looking for a driver called hplip and didn't
14 see it...
17 Randy Barlow
18 http://electronsweatshop.com
19 --