From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS problem
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 05:54:13
1 Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> On my system hpijs was a blocker if I recall correctly. I read
5 >> somewhere that hpijs was no longer being maintained and that hplip was
6 >> the "new thing" to use. Not sure why tho.
7 >>
8 >> Also may be worth noting that hplip used to be a service that was
9 >> started as well. /etc/init.d/hplip start used to work. The latest
10 >> update got rid of the service and I guess it just runs when it is needed.
13 > I should clarify my question a bit more. I don't have the hpijs package
14 > installed. I do have hplip. Yet when I try to select the driver for my
15 > printer, hpijs is the only option of the two. I know that hplip
16 > includes hpijs, but I was looking for a driver called hplip and didn't
17 > see it...
21 Did you run hp-setup? You may want to re-emerge hplip and read the
22 messages there. I may be forgetting something it said to do.
23
24 Also, check your error logs. Should be in /var/log. Depends on what
25 logger you use as to the name of it. Mine is messages tho.
26
27 Post back what you find out from that. May give us a clue.
28
29 Dale
30