From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying KDE-4
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:44:54
1 On Wednesday 22 October 2008 12:10:15 Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 > 2008/10/22 Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>:
3 > > I think I have the same conflict. I just solved it by putting this into
4 > > package.keywords:
5 > > ~dev-python/PyQt4-4.4.3
6 > > ~dev-python/sip-4.7.7
7 > > [...]
8 >
9 > This is maybe the PyQt issue I did not remember. So I think it is
10 > worth a try. If this is the case portage tries to pull qt-4.4.3
11 > because it is needed by PyQt-4.4 plus the qt split ebuilds which are
12 > needed by some other packages. So putting versions of PyQt and sip in
13 > package.keywords which depemd on qt split ebuilds should solve it. If
14 > I remember right I have this entries in my package.keywords too.
15 > Probably you need oneshot for PyQt and sip too.
16
17 I've found another way around it on my fresh test system. I had a working
18 KDE-3.5 system installed on it and upgraded it to version 4, no problem.
19 Then I tried to install hplip on it and got the same blockers again. By a
20 process of elimination I found I had to put two entries in package.use:
21
22 =dev-python/qscintilla-python-2.1 -qt4
23 =x11-libs/qscintilla-2.1-r1 -qt4
24
25 Then I could install hplip as well.
26
27 Now I'm back on the original system, and putting Alex's package.keywords
28 entries in I find I still have the blockers; his solution isn't working for
29 me, even after reinstalling PyQt4 and sip. Neither is my own on this
30 system. But then I'm getting what looks like nonsense from equery, thus:
31
32 # equery h qt4
33 [ Searching for USE flag qt4 in all categories among: ]
34 * installed packages
35 [I--] [ ] dev-python/qscintilla-python-2.1 (0)
36 [I--] [ ] net-print/hplip-2.8.6b (0)
37 [I--] [ ] x11-libs/qscintilla-2.1-r1 (0)
38 [I--] [ ] app-text/poppler-bindings-0.8.7 (0)
39
40 ...but equery u qscintilla and equery u qscintilla-python both return this
41 line:
42
43 - - qt4 : Adds support for the Qt GUI/Application Toolkit version 4.x
44
45 So unless I'm misunderstanding the output of equery as well, the qt4 USE
46 flag both is and is not in use in the two scintilla packages.
47
48 After writing the above, I uninstalled hplip and poppler-bindings, then
49 reinstalled poppler-bindings and ran revdep-rebuild. That hasn't helped
50 either.
53 Rgds
54 Peter