From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying KDE-4
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:32:15
1 Peter Humphrey schrieb am 22.10.2008 18:42:
2 > Now I'm back on the original system, and putting Alex's package.keywords
3 > entries in I find I still have the blockers; his solution isn't working for
4 > me, even after reinstalling PyQt4 and sip. Neither is my own on this
5 > system. But then I'm getting what looks like nonsense from equery, thus:
6 >
7 > # equery h qt4
8 > [ Searching for USE flag qt4 in all categories among: ]
9 > * installed packages
10 > [I--] [ ] dev-python/qscintilla-python-2.1 (0)
11 > [I--] [ ] net-print/hplip-2.8.6b (0)
12 > [I--] [ ] x11-libs/qscintilla-2.1-r1 (0)
13 > [I--] [ ] app-text/poppler-bindings-0.8.7 (0)
14 >
15 > ...but equery u qscintilla and equery u qscintilla-python both return this
16 > line:
17 >
18 > - - qt4 : Adds support for the Qt GUI/Application Toolkit version 4.x
19 >
20 > So unless I'm misunderstanding the output of equery as well, the qt4 USE
21 > flag both is and is not in use in the two scintilla packages.
22
23 Why is this nonsense? equery h shows which installed packages have the
24 given use flag regardless if it is set or not. equery u shows you which
25 use flags are set or unset for the given package.
26
27 > After writing the above, I uninstalled hplip and poppler-bindings, then
28 > reinstalled poppler-bindings and ran revdep-rebuild. That hasn't helped
29 > either.
32 Please post again the output from emerge -pvutND world but attach it in
33 a file so it doesn't get crippled by the mail program.
34
35 Also what I have seen from your previous tree output is that you are
36 trying to do many things at one time. Upgrading to kde4 changing and
37 changing many use flags. This makes debugging very hard. Try to do only
38 one thing at a time
39
40 Regards,
41