From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --unmerge fails
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:40:08
1 On 14 October 2010 00:38, Dean Matzkov <bapabooiee@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Well, if you were running portage-2-2_rc67, that's already pretty much
3 > bleeding edge =P
4
5 Yeah, I was wondering if someone would notice that. :-)
6
7 > But just out of curiosity, though, is there any particular reason
8 > you're not running a more-stable version of Portage, such as v2.1.8.3
9 > or v2.1.9.17? The 2.2 release-candidates are hard-masked for a reason
10 > - which includes things randomly breaking, such as this unmerge issue
11 > you experienced.
12
13 I don't remember exactly but there was a feature I wanted that wasn't
14 in Portage 2.1. I think it was Sets. I believe I needed it (or thought
15 I needed it) to simplify installing KDE.