From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Terminal formatting and colors escape sequences
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:03:35
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:49:49 +0100 Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@×××××.com>
4 wrote:
5
6 > I wish to be able to run a program (eix-sync/diff-eix) in cron that
7 > prints colors (with use of --force-color) and then send that colored
8 > output as a mail. In order to get colors in a mail a have to use
9 > html. If there exist a program that is capable of converting escape
10 > sequences used for formatting and coloring an xterm to html I would
11 > love to know about it.
12
13 I'd say, the Perl module HTML::FromANSI should do what you want
14 (available from cpan). It brings a script, ansi2html, that provides
15 access from the command line. Note that you might have to play with the
16 TERM environment variable.
17
18 -hwh
19 --