From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Printing phpmyadmin output
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:00:30
1 On 13 April 2011 14:33, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 13 April 2011 12:25:01 Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> I assume that the page uses frames and the current print configuration (or lack
5 >> of it) does not include the frame that you wish to print.
6 >
7 > Nice idea, but from the print preview it appears that part of the frame is
8 > included, but not its overflow onto succeeding pages.
9 >
10 >> You'll need to poke around the phpmyadmin fs to find css files and see what is
11 >> defined where.  It may also be possible to hardcode it in the .php configuration
12 >> file of phpmyadmin.
13 >
14 > OK. I'll have a poke around. Thanks for the idea.
17 I assume that you use the "Print view" button at the bottom of the tables.
18
19 I've just looked at this demo site using print preview in Firefox and Opera:
20
21 http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/STABLE/index.php
22
23 FF will only show the first page of a table - this to me translates to
24 a poorly written CSS for printing purposes, or lack of a print-CSS
25 altogether.
26
27 In Opera the first print preview page is blank. If I click on the
28 print preview icon on the toolbar it will switch between successive
29 frames. The 3rd frame contains the table across 3 pages, so it should
30 print the lot. The CSS is not well written though because e.g. there
31 is a blank page between the 1st page which just contains a header and
32 the third page which starts right from the top (no margin) with the
33 table.
34
35 Now, Opera is not the best browser for printing, especially so over
36 the few previous versions, so YMMV. I haven't tried with Konqueror,
37 which also has the Print Frame option and may be able to isolate the
38 frame with the tables.
39 --
40 Regards,
41 Mick