From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck won't work if ac cord not attached?!
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 04:13:12
1 On Dienstag 01 Dezember 2009, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > you guys are killing me -- the problem goes away when the ac cord is
3 > plugged in. I open files watch videos surf the web and so on -- no
4 > problems. I'm no expert, but that would seem to suggest that the fs is
5 > OK, no? I set this forth above. Did your eyes glaze over at that
6 > point?
7 >
8 > Roy Marples, who is a(the?) openrc developer, roped me into using git
9 > to do whatever git is supposed to do and now it's much worse.
10 > /dev/sd1 and 2 fail to mount as before PLUS many init services fail to
11 > start PLUS it no longer matters if the battery is being used or the ac
12 > cord: Chaos ensues, castles crumble, empires totter ...
13
14 well, now you know why he isn't a gentoo dev anymore :D
15
16 but seriously, Neil has a point. If your system demands a fsck on every boot
17 something is very fishy.