From: Farhan Ahmed <farhanahmed06@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 19:35:45
1 Jeff wrote:
2 > I'm seeing this a lot during init. Any idears?
3 >
4 > * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
7 I think you booted into live CD with your bios clock set to local time,
8 well live CD thinks your clock is in UTC format.. You might have set
9 your Gentoo system's clock format to local. When you boot into your
10 system the modification time of files installed during the live CD
11 install is actually in future and that's why the message.. I had the
12 same problem during my first install..
13
14 Possible solution? I think a 'touch -m' would do..
15
16 Farhan Ahmed
17 --
18 Place : Bangalore, Karnataka, India
19 GPG Key : 8BE90E98
20 WengoPhone ID : farhanahmed
21 IRC Nick : farhanahmed / farhanahmed06 (irc.freenode.net)