From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resizing multiple images with adding a frame as needed
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 00:03:25
1 hw <hw@×××××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > suppose I have a number of images that need to be displayed side by
6 > side in a nice layout. The images are of different sizes and have
7 > different aspect ratios.
8 >
9 > To fit the images into the layout, I can scale the images either by
10 > height or width or by percantage, and they will look messy in the
11 > layout because I need to keep their aspect ratio when scaling them.
12 >
13 > So what I need to do is put a frame around each image just as needed
14 > when scaling it so that I will end up with all the images having the
15 > same size while maintaining their aspect ratio.
16 >
17 > I guess 'convert' (from imagemagick) or 'ffmpeg' can do this, yet I
18 > couldn't find out how.
21 > (In this particular case, I would set a default size to scale all
22 > images to rather than doing something more complicated like examine
23 > all images in advance to compute a good size to use from the largest
24 > or smallest one or from their average dimensions.)
27 > Any ideas how to do this?
28
29 Look here:
30
31 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1787356/use-imagemagick-to-place-an-image-inside-a-larger-canvas
32
33 You must add a resize paremeter as this example is only for placing an
34 image inside a larger canvas. :-)
35
36 You can easily find more examples in the Internet.
39 Regards
40 wabe