From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage option "--changed-use" not working?
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 19:08:38
1 Hi all,
2
3 In "man emerge" I read:
4
5 --changed-use
6 Tells emerge to include installed packages where USE flags have
7 changed since installation. This option also implies the --selective
8 option. Unlike --newuse, the --changed-use option does not trigger
9 reinstallation when flags that the user has not enabled are added or
10 removed.
11
12 So I always include "--changed-use" when upgrading @world. But with
13 the removal of kdeenablefinal I now get 150 reinstalls with
14 changed-use. This seems to be contradicting the man page? Or am I
15 misunderstanding things? Or did I misconfigure something? To be clear,
16 I have never enabled kdeenablefinal.
17
18 The full command I usually run is
19
20 emerge --verbose --deep --with-bdeps=y --complete-graph --update
21 --changed-use --keep-going world
22
23 should that be relevant.
24