From: R'twick Niceorgaw <rtwick@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc seg faults very often
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:59:28
1 Hi Raphael,
2
3 On Mon, August 22, 2005 3:29 pm, Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales said:
4 > But how do I test the memory?
5
6 memtest86 will do it.
9 >> > I'm using gcc-3.3.5.20050130-r1 and I keep getting segmentation
10 fault every now and then.
11
12 I also had the same gcc segfault problem recently. After some observation,
13 I found out whenever cpu temperature goes beyond 50 C I was getting
14 segfaults. Took out the heat sink and cpu, cleaned them put some arctic
15 silver between cpu and heat sink and put a fan in front of the box and did
16 a emerge -Uv world without any problem even though temperature reached
17 65. I believe, its the arctic silver that I put between cpu and heat sink
18 fixed my problem.
19
20 HTH
21 R'twick