From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] re: setting up binhost [SOLVED]
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 20:28:22
1 on 19/01/2014 09:38 μμ Alexander Kapshuk wrote the following:
2 > -------- Original Message --------
3 > Subject: re: setting up binhost
4 > Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 18:45:03 +0200
5 > From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
6 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
10 > I would like to set up one of my Gentoo systems as a binary host to
11 > build and distribute packages that normally take longer to compile, like
12 > libreoffice, firefox and thuderbird, to another Gentoo system of mine
13 > with less RAM.
14 >
15 > I've been following the instructions found here,
16 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Binary_package_guide.
17
18 In the above guide, did you pay attention to the following section?
19
20 Other configuration variables
21
22 For binary packages to be usable on other systems they must fulfill some
23 requirements.
24
25 First, architecture and CHOST must match.
26 Second, the C(XX)FLAGS have to be chosen in a way that both the
27 binary package server and the client systems can run the binaries.
28 Third, USE flags for processor specific features like MMX, SSE,...
29 have to be chosen in a way that all systems have the enabled features,
30 or the packages using these features have to be rebuilt on the client
31 systems from source.