From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dd if=/dev/dvd of=backup.iso - DMA related problem
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:17:33
1 On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:49:09 -0700
2 Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I've disable IDE ATAPI CD-ROM in the kernel but the DVD-drive wasn't
5 > recognized upon reboot; well I think I just have to wait till they fix
6 > it in the kernel :-/
7 > For now, every time I made copy and eject the CD, I will reboot the
8 > computer; oh well it is like Windows 98 - I'm used to it :-)
9
10 Did you try to turn off all SCSI cdrom options? Make sure SCSI CDROM
11 support is off as well as SCSI CDROM emulation.
12
13 Are you using a genkernel? I recompiled my kernel to have the main
14 stuff in the kernel. For example SATA, IDE CD, ext2, reiserfs, etc is
15 compiled into the kernel instead of as modules.
16
17 Did try to boot with this kernel option:
18 pci=usepirqmask
19
20 Jim
21 --