From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Amorok and getting started.
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:54:11
1 Hi,
2
3 As we all know XMMS was recently removed. I have a little CD collection
4 that I want to put on my hard drive and I want to use Amarok to do this.
5 I have postgresql installed and am trying to get it setup using the
6 Gentoo wiki. This is what I have installed:
7
8 > root@smoker / # equery list postgresql
9 > [ Searching for package 'postgresql' in all categories among: ]
10 > * installed packages
11 > [I--] [ ] dev-db/postgresql-8.0.8 (0)
12 > root@smoker / # equery list amarok
13 > [ Searching for package 'amarok' in all categories among: ]
14 > * installed packages
15 > [I--] [ ] media-sound/amarok-1.4.3-r1 (0)
16 > root@smoker / #
19 I have never done any of this before. Somehow, likely by mistake, I got
20 one CD copied over and can play off the hard drive. I have no idea how
21 I did this really. I need someone on or off list to teach me how to get
22 the music off the CD, get it into Amarok so I get get this going. This
23 looks really cool.
24
25 If whoever can help me uses MySql instead, I would be willing to install
26 it, especially if it is better. I only want to do CDs. I have a lousy
27 dial-up connection here.
28
29 Thanks much for any help you can provide.
30
31 Dale
32
34 --