From: "Александър Л. Димитров" <aleks_d@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Duplicate mails
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 01:30:41
1 On 10:26 Sun 30 Sep, Alan McKinnon wrote
2 > On Sunday 30 September 2007, Steve Dommett wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 30 September 2007, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 > > > I'm getting a lot of duplicate messages lately, especially from
5 > > > gentoo-users. I don't know if it's an error on my side or not.
6 > >
7 > > Not here. I've never seen duplicates from any gentoo list. I /have/
8 > > seen several other folks on gentoo-user report that problem in the
9 > > past though.
10 >
11 > I guess that proves it then, the problem is somewhere between my mailbox
12 > provider and my machines.
13
14 May I suggest the following simple procmail rule?
15
16 # Dupes? Nuke'em!
17 :0 Wh: msgid.lock
18 | $FORMAIL -D 8192 msgid.cache
19
20 That and fetchmail and you'll nerver see those dupes again ;-)
21
22 Aleks
23
24 PS: there's a similar rule for maildrop:
25
26 `reformail -D 8000 duplicate.cache`
27 if ( $RETURNCODE == 0 )
28 exit
31 > Time to get going on debugging
32 >
33 > alan
34 >
35 > --
36 > Optimists say the glass is half full,
37 > Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
38 > Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
39 >
40 > Alan McKinnon
41 > alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
42 > +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
43 > --
44 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list