From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 10:20:44
1 On Sunday 29 September 2013 22:09:35 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 29/09/2013 19:59, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 > > I've been told that this shouldn't be a big deal... while I am a
4 > > (barely) passable linux sys admin
5 >
6 > Allow me to forward an opinion. The above is not true, not even close.
7 >
8 > Don't knock yourself, you don't deserve it :-)
9 >
10 > In my day job I get to meet many people, and vast fleets of them are
11 > paid obscene amounts of money to do sysadmin work. I have an unprintable
12 > opinion of most of these folks (I'm tired of cleaning up after them and
13 > they mess they leave).
14
15 I can imagine some of those opinions, I am certain I have uttered the exact
16 same words myself on occasion.
17
18 It gets worse when those are the ones holding the root-password and refuse to
19 give it to you, even though it is obvious I know how to do things better then
20 they do...
21
22 > You on the other hand would wipe the floor with easily 95% of those
23 > clowns. Seriously.
24 >
25 > And that goes for just about everyone else on this list who has been
26 > around a while.
27
28 The list thanks you :)
31 Joost