From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 20:14:18
1 On 29/09/2013 19:59, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > I've been told that this shouldn't be a big deal... while I am a
3 > (barely) passable linux sys admin
4
5 Allow me to forward an opinion. The above is not true, not even close.
6
7 Don't knock yourself, you don't deserve it :-)
8
9 In my day job I get to meet many people, and vast fleets of them are
10 paid obscene amounts of money to do sysadmin work. I have an unprintable
11 opinion of most of these folks (I'm tired of cleaning up after them and
12 they mess they leave).
13
14 You on the other hand would wipe the floor with easily 95% of those
15 clowns. Seriously.
16
17 And that goes for just about everyone else on this list who has been
18 around a while.
22 Alan McKinnon
23 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com