From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: evince - Error printing to PDF
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:39:59
1 On 04/18/13 09:30, Hartmut Figge wrote:
2 >Joseph:
3 >
4 >>When I try to print from "evince" to pdf file I get an error:
5 >>
6 >>Error printing - Operation not supported
7 >
8 >I have tried that with evince 2.32.0-r4 and got the same error. After
9 >starting evince from a xterm with 'evince example.pdf' and choosing
10 >File->Print... 'Output Format [x] PDF' was checked and the field 'Name'
11 >was filled with output.pdf.
12 >
13 >Clicking Print resulted in a bar indicating the processing of the file
14 >and at the end of that a window with the error message appeared.
15 >
16 >But: only if i accept the prefilled field 'Name'. Deleting the
17 >output.pdf there and typing in the same file name again resulted in a
18 >successful print. :)
19 >
20 >Looks like a bug in evince.
21 >
22 >Hartmut
23 >--
24 >Usenet-ABC-Wiki http://www.usenet-abc.de/wiki/
25 >Von Usern fuer User :-)
26
27 No, this is not evince, I have a system prior to upgrade with evince-2.32.0-r4 and after upgrade evince did not change so this is not evince nor Firefox this is
28 the functionality of the "Print to File" option.
29 So I'm trying to find out which package implements this functionality.
32 Joseph