From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Netvanta router will not read Gentoo MAC address
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 15:54:22
1 Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I have connected to a Netvanta router (seems to me like Cisco clone in terms
5 > of ruleset and OS) but it will not read my MAC address. As a result I cannot
6 > set static IP addresses for my Gentoo boxen on this LAN.
7
8 Hello Mick,
9
10 I admin some Netvanta (Adtran) routers.
13 AOS is quite similar to IOS with some differences and caveats....
14
15 First, I'd save the configuration you have. You may need to nuke
16 the configuration and start over, if all else fails. Like the
17 other router vendors, Adtran has it's own 'mojo' that pre-configures
18 the routers, so 'Doze' folks can make it work on their networks....
19 Like IOS you can parse the instruction set (tree) to look for options
20 to various commands. Sometimes deleting part of the AOS config
21 is a little bit tricky with some interfaces (such as fractional T1).
24 Here's a simple setup of a static IP on an ethernet port of a
25 Netvanta 3200:
26
27 ip subnet-zero
28 ip classless
29 ip routing
30 !
31 no auto-config
32 !
33 event-history on
34 no logging forwarding
35 no logging console
36 no logging email
37 !
38 no ip firewall alg h323
39 !
40 !
41 interface eth 0/1
42 ip address 192.168.17.2 255.255.255.0
43 no shutdown
46 If you want more, just ask me, either on the list or privately.
50 James
53 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list