From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DRI? ATI X300 PCIe
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 00:06:16
1 fire-eyes wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am interested in getting my ATI X300 (r300 or r370, conflicting info out
5 > there), which is a PCIe card, working with DRI with open source drivers. I am
6 > using xorg-x11-7.1 .
7 >
8 > Any ideas? I am specifically looking for ways of doing this not including
9 > messing with overlays, that is a major pain, and (opinon) I shouldn't have to
10 > do that anyway.
11
12 There are one or two patches to Mesa post-6.5 that fix PCIE support, I
13 think by Dave Airlie (airlied). If you'd like to find them, I would be
14 happy to add them to the ebuild. Just file a request bug with a pointer
15 to the patch.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Donnie