From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] question about portage capabilities
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 02:31:11
1 On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 21:33:18 -0400
2 Denis <denis.che@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I am using a package called Rasmol, which is used for visualization of
5 > molecular structures. This software uses a certain table for atomic
6 > sizes, and I need to change some values in that table - it is stored
7 > in a header file within Rasmol source code. There is an ebuild for
8 > Rasmol, and it works fine - but what I'm wondering is how I can tell
9 > portage to STOP once it unpacks Rasmol in the temporary work directory
10 > - so I can tweak some things in the source code - and then resume the
11 > build, using what's already in the work directory. Looking at a
12 > manpage for emerge, I didn't immediately get any creative ideas, but
13 > might someone offer some advice for how to accomplish this?
14
15 That's what 'ebuild' command is for.
16 Try this:
17
18 cd /usr/portage/some/package
19 ebuild package-ver.ebuild help
20
21 That command allows you to execute all the ebuild steps separately.
24 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net