From: Charles Pittman <chucks86@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mythtv backend problem...
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 00:18:07
1 I had a very similar problem, but I actually got something in my
2 /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log file:
3
4 Starting up as the master server.
5 /mnt/store//nfslockfile.lock: Permission denied
6 Unable to open lockfile!
7 Be sure that '/mnt/store/' exists and that both
8 the directory and that file are writeable by this user.
9
10 I checked the directory and it was owned by root (I assume because I
11 mounted a drive there,) so I first chowned the directory to
12 nobody:nobody thinking that the initscript ran as nobody. However,
13 that didn't work, but I noticed that mysql runs as the user 'mysql' so
14 I chowned the directory to mythtv:nobody and everything worked
15 smoothly.
16
17 You may have to add the user mythtv to the video group (to access your tv card.)
18
19 I certainly hope that helped someone.
20