From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] burning compressed iso
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:51:35
1 damian bamforth schreef:
2 > On Sat, 2005-10-22 14:59:02, Rumen Yotov wrote:
3 >
4 >> IIRC you can use "7zip" for Windows to >uncompress
5 >
6 > .bz2 compressed files.
7 >
8 >> Or search for bzip2 for Windows (was "win tools" or something
9 >> similar).
12 > I have managed to decompress the file with 'bsdtar', however, this
13 > does not result in an 'iso' but actually turns the
14 > livecd64-ahorn5.iso.bz2 into all the files that would make up the
15 > livecd64-ahorn5.iso, so I do end up with all the files, but not an
16 > image I can burn onto a cd.
17
18 Perhaps the file you're using has been deliberately misnamed. Or,
19 perhaps bsdtar is not as useful a program as it would seem at first glance.
20
21 If you remove the *.bz2 extension, leaving the filename as just *.iso,
22 can it then be burned as an ISO in your CD burning software?
23
24 In any case I would check the file with WinRAR or 7zip (or even Total
25 Commander) to confirm that it really is a bzipped iso, and not just an
26 ISO that has been renamed to iso.bz2
27
28 Holly
29 --