From: damian bamforth <damian.b@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] burning compressed iso
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:24:20
1 On Sat, 2005-10-22 14:59:02, Rumen Yotov wrote:
2 >IIRC you can use "7zip" for Windows to >uncompress
3 .bz2 compressed files.
4 >Or search for bzip2 for Windows (was "win tools" or
5 >something similar).
6
7 I have managed to decompress the file with 'bsdtar',
8 however, this does not result in an 'iso' but actually
9 turns the livecd64-ahorn5.iso.bz2 into all the files
10 that would make up the livecd64-ahorn5.iso, so I do
11 end up with all the files, but not an image I can burn
12 onto a cd.
13
14 I can not boot my new pc without a bootable cd as it
15 doesn't have an operating system on yet.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Damian
19 --