From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wireless connection-sharing with networkmanager problem
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 01:20:40
1 Dear list,
2
3 I've been trying to get networkmanager working and use it to share my
4 Internet connection with my Android.
5
6 I have my wireless card working properly, since I can create a network with
7 my phone and connect to it, using the networkmanager script from KDE.
8
9 I've already enabled the "connection-sharing" user flag, and followed the
10 instruction from
11 http://simplehacksnreviews.wordpress.com/2011/10/30/simple-connection-sharing-with-networkmanager-how-to-connect-with-a-3g-usb-modem-on-linux/(just
12 4 simple steps), and tried many other configurations by myself.
13
14 Apparently the configuration is ok, bcz my wlan0 gets itself a IP address,
15 but my smartphone can't see the network I've *theoretically* created.
16
17 I don't know why, the channel is -1 (0 Mhz) (networkmanager screeshot
18 attached), and I think is should be the problem, but I don't know what else
19 to try.
20
21 Any ideias how to solve this problem? do you need any other information?
22
23 thank you,
26 João de Matos
27 Linux User #461527