From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wireless connection-sharing with networkmanager problem
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 01:20:40
Dear list,

I've been trying to get networkmanager working and use it to share my
Internet connection with my Android.

I have my wireless card working properly, since I can create a network with
my phone and connect to it, using the networkmanager script from KDE.

I've already enabled the "connection-sharing" user flag, and followed the
instruction from
http://simplehacksnreviews.wordpress.com/2011/10/30/simple-connection-sharing-with-networkmanager-how-to-connect-with-a-3g-usb-modem-on-linux/(just
4 simple steps), and tried many other configurations by myself.

Apparently the configuration is ok, bcz my wlan0 gets itself a IP address,
but my smartphone can't see the network I've *theoretically* created.

I don't know why, the channel is -1 (0 Mhz) (networkmanager screeshot
attached), and I think is should be the problem, but I don't know what else
to try.

Any ideias how to solve this problem? do you need any other information?

thank you,

--
João de Matos
Linux User #461527